Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Melancholy

I find myself matching the weather outside rather perfectly. The day is dreary and drippy, moisture has been falling nearly constantly for the past 24 hours, the ground is soaked and soggy, and clouds cover any hint of sunlight.

Such is me.

How odd to be this way after the week that I have had. Each day spent in the company of not only the friends that I have come to know and love dearly, but also with Nathanael. Some of the time spent at work, some of the time spent at home. A few nights spent at the theatre, a few spent at a friends place. Movies, conversation, sleeping, silence ...... perfection wrapped into a week.

Yet my heart hurts. Part of it ripped yesterday and hasn't recovered. There is hope on the horizon but that horizon is still so far from here. My heart cannot yet see it. See heart, see what is to come. See the promise of summer, see the promise of a journey, see the times that are yet far off.

Not yet.
Not today.
Perhaps tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know my other thoughts privately. Here I would leave only three comments on your post...

Painful.

Poetic.

I MISS YOU!