Friday, May 23, 2008

The Morning Unlike Any Other

It didn't start out that way - it was quite ordinary really. The guys were up in the attic bashing about and continuing in the deconstruction of our house. I argued with the alarm a few times and then decided to get up and head to the gym one last time. Nothing new. There were a couple of new faces in the gym but I figured that was about as exciting as it was going to get. I walked out of that door an hour later and headed home.

That's when things got interesting.

I was just walking along, listening to one of my fun songs, minding my own business, and carrying a shoe in each hand. I hate carrying them both in one hand. It just isn't comfortable. Anyway, I get most of the way back when I suddenly hear running behind me. My first thought is that it's some ambitious runner uncomfortable with the lab-rat feel of a work-out room. Can't really say that I blame them. But then there is a flurry of activity about me and my thoughts start racing.....

Move out of the way before you get hit
They slowed down - weird
Someone's touching me
I'm being mugged!!!!!
What do I do????
Arms are around me!!
Augh!!
Wait......
Steph??
Why is she attacking me?
Weirdo
Wait.............
I know that shirt
I know that foot!!!!!!!
"No way........ No way, no way, no way!!!!"

My Nathanael was holding me. A whole day early. So much earlier than I had ever suspected. He was there. With me. Holding me.

1 comment:

L.A.F. said...

Cute, Lindsey! That's a sweet story. And I like the way you write:)