Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Settingling in

We moved!!!!!!

Just last Thursday, Nate and I moved into our first apartment. It's little, cute and slightly cramped but I love it. I love being in my own home. I love that our landlady let us paint. I love that I can put up our artwork. I can host parties and have people over. I can make dinner for just the two of us. I can even clean my own home!! Who knew you could be excited about that?

The best part of this whole thing - we aren't in South Carolina.

Nope.

We moved to Winona Lake.

Yep.

Winona Lake. It felt like coming home when we were driving up. Even though those cornfields are still as flat as can be, it still felt right coming here. My friends are here. Good memories are here. Winter will be awful I'm sure, but this is still the best place to be.

The crazy part is that this switch happened in less than a week. It took one day of talking the subject over to change the listings we were looking in, another two days to find the perfect situation for us and another two days for our application to be accepted. Our new direction seemed to be fairly obvious as we had just spent a month looking in the Carolinas and hadn't managed to find a thing.

So here we are. Moving in. Working to make everything fit. Enjoying being with the wonderful people here. Living.

It's good.

We're home.

No comments: