Monday, October 26, 2009

I find myself keenly aware of passing time. The end of October is somehow upon us already - a whole month and then some gone by since we first set foot in this country. There is still so much to do! So much that we want to see, explore, discover - I wonder if we will have time for all of it.

Perhaps this is most notable to me as one year has already passed more swiftly than I thought possible. Each month I found myself marveling at the rapid pace yet I still looked at the coming months as plenty of time in which to accomplish what I wanted. How untrue that proved to be! The end of the summer was filled with rushing and scurrying about, never having enough hours in the day. I don't want that to be repeated this year. Somehow, I want to take it all in. Absorb it and breathe it and live it. Truly experience what we have in front of us.

The question will always be how. How to deal with the tasks that come along with being out in the world as an adult while still seeing the magic that is in the surroundings. How to juggle schoolwork and play time. How to see the world while living on a shoestring budget. A great many how's in this world and rather less of the answers. Perhaps this awareness will come into play. Perhaps it's just recognizing the whirlwind before it sweeps you along. At least you can see the ride for what it is.

No comments: