Tuesday, October 6, 2009

An Unexpected Adjustment

I need to make some bookends and it's like this - I love this country. I love exploring new places with my husband, being young and doing things we won't be able to do once kids come along. We are on such an incredible adventure!

Amoungst all of the excitement however, is an unrest and slight dissatisfaction. I feel almost ashamed to type it but there you go. I had not anticipated the confining nature of being married and attending graduate school, didn't even see it coming. Certain freedoms seem to be lost. We are in such a lovely place with new things to try while having the most constricting budget - it's frustrating. I want to make our home beautiful and must instead live under regulations from our housing authority. I want for us to look the part of graduate students and find that such a transformation is not yet possible.

I didn't realize how anxious I would be with such constraint. Frankly, I never expected to have such binds placed upon us. The day when schooling is behind us and steady income is at hand will be a glorious thing. To be able to govern our own home to suit our own tastes is a gift with a value I never realized. I cannot wait to have that.

Truly, St Andrews is a marvelous place. The atmosphere of the town suits us very well and we're excited about what the future here could hold. We're settling in, making wonderful friends, learning the town and making routine. Life as a whole is good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is the hearts within that make the home. Mama Squires