Monday, April 28, 2008

Tattered and Torn

...it's not really so bad as all that but it's still a good title.

Today makes for the official 2 week mark since I left South Carolina and Nate - it seems so much longer. I was kind of thinking about it and remembering things that have happened here when both of us were in the office at the same time and I made a slight discovery.

My heart feels scratched and bruised. It's been one of the greatest years of my life to date but it's been so hard in this area. I now have memories attached to all of the places that I frequent and while that's mostly a good thing, it has downsides as well. Walking around a corner, coming into the office, cooking dinner or making a dessert, going out to eat, being on this campus...... the memories are endless. And attached to each one of those memories are other memories of the leaving or the staying behind. The good and the bad come to mind nearly simultaneously some days.

Funny things, memories.

I don't really think I would trade out the experiences of the year but..... I've come to wish that I didn't feel like a stretched rubber band.

No comments: