Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas for real

It was good!

:)

The sparkle wasn't like it used to be, but I truly enjoyed our first married Christmas. All of the presents were wrapped and waiting, parties were planned and attended, the apartment was cleaned.... it was all lovely. We even got a song message from the party people in Pennsylvania. I think that may have been one of the moments that made it really feel like Christmas. Made me cry a little bit too.

It's still strange not being at my parents house this year but I find that I don't really mind. We had a good time with Leilani and her family on Christmas Eve - even got some presents. Really wasn't expecting that one. And Christmas morning was lovely. A little too relaxed and rushed at the end but not enough to make it bad. We got up late, opened wonderful presents, cleaned up and got on the road. The Squires adopted us for the day so we had lunch with them and then spent the rest of the day loafing. It was very relaxing.

And now I'm at work. Only one lady has come in so far and I rather doubt anyone else is going to come. It's the day after Christmas!!! I don't really know why we're open in the first place - no one else is. Regular opening time too. Bah. I'm getting paid so I'll not complain too much. Have to eat somehow!

:)

So we hang around here for the rest of the week and then head back East. Out of this icy flatland and back to hilly scenery for two more Christmas days. Not a bad plan really. We'll end up with five Christmas's altogether and that is not at all bad. Nope! We get to have our own time together and make new traditions and still be taken care of by parents. Best of both worlds.

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: