Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas? Really?

It doesn't feel like Christmastime. The concert last night and the concert Friday night didn't work, changing the background here didn't work, and the complete lack of snow certainly isn't helping. Even my little decorated apartment isn't cluing me in. Perhaps the lack of a tree is influencing as well. Is Christmas really next week?

I'm not sure I believe it.

Remember Christmas as a kid? All of the sparkle and anticipation. Parties and decorations, staying up late, hot chocolate and cookies, listening as closely as you could when you fell asleep to hear those bells.

Growing up is a funny thing. I love working. I love having our own little place and making sure that everything is as it should be. As close as it can be anyway. :) I love having meetings and grocery shopping and cleaning and all of the things that make us grown ups.

But.....

I wonder if that has something to do with this feeling. I wonder if all of that hides the sparkle I usually see this time of year.

Mission: find the sparkle again. Really look for it. Show it to others. Make it come back.

This post seems a bit sentimental and overly nostalgic bordering on cliche but it certainly isn't intended that way. I really do want it all back.

I think I'll plan on listening for those bells again. No matter where we find ourselves on Christmas Eve.

No comments: